WORLD PRACTICES OF PROTECTING THE INFORMATION SPACE OF THE STATE FROM INFORMATION AGGRESSION05.02.2021
February 8, 2021 at 12.00, an international round table will be held at the Ukrinform IA: “World practices protection of the information space of the state from information aggression”.
Organizer: International Center for Countering Russian Propaganda (ICCRP).
Topics for discussion:
In Ukraine, on February 2, the decree of the President of Ukraine No. 43 / 2021 put into effect the decision of the National Security and Defense Council “Onthe application of personal special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions)”.
These measures concern the People’s Deputy from “OPZZH” Taras Kozak and TV channels “112 Ukraine”, NewsOne and ZIK, which promoted anti-Ukrainian and pro-Russian narratives. The ultimate beneficiary of the TV channels is the party leader “OPZZH”, Viktor Medvedchuk, who is also known to be a close Putin`s pal.
During the round table, international experts will discuss the experience of different countries in protecting their own information space from propaganda and destructive information influences.
The participants of the round table will also consider the question of where exactly the border between freedom of speech and the need to fight back against information aggression, in particular when conducting hybrid warfare.
The following persons are invited to participate in the round table:
- Alexey ARESTOVICH, Adviser to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine for Strategic Communications (UKRAINE)
- Fuad ALIYEV, journalist and director (AZERBAIJAN)
- Pavlyuk BIKOVSKY, media expert, analyst of the Media IQ project (BELARUS)
- Irakli VARSHALOMIDZE, expert of the ICPRP (GEORGIA)
- Ermek NARYMBAY, the analyst (KAZAKHSTAN)
- Stasys KAUSINIS, Director of Fund of assistance to protection of citizens (LITHUANIA)
- Mykita POTURAYEV, MP, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Humanitarian and Information Policy (UKRAINE);
- Yurii KOCHEVENKO, Director IC CRP (moderator).
Address: st. B. Khmelnitsky, 8/16, Kyiv.
The event will be broadcasted on the Ukrinform website and YouTube channel: